Talisman By respects your concerns about the privacy of the information you provide to us. By providing us with your information and personal data, you consent to our use, study and, where appropriate, disclosure of such information in order to personalise and optimise your browsing on the Site and to provide you with offers tailored to your tastes
1. General information
By using the Site, you may be required to communicate your personal data to Talisman By, in particular in the context of creating an account on the Site, placing an order, subscribing to a newsletter or the loyalty programme.
Any information of a personal nature that you may be required to transmit to Talisman By for the use of certain services is subject in particular to the provisions of the French Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016.
Talisman By may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area to our group companies and authorised third parties. In the event that such information is transferred outside the European Economic Area, Talisman By will use contracts validated by the European Commission that provide the same protection for personal data as is afforded in Europe.
The processing of certain personal data relating to your interactions with our services amounts to profiling under applicable law. This processing is in our interest to provide you with a high quality, personalised shopping experience on the Site and to provide you with advertising and offers that are likely to be of interest to you.
2. Right of access, rectification, deletion and opposition to processing
You have the right to access, rectify and delete your personal data, as well as the possibility of objecting to the processing of this data, which you can exercise at any time. Thus, you can manage your subscriptions to the various newsletters within your personal space on the www.Talismanby.com website. You will also have the possibility to unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link present in each communication made by Talisman By.
Any request concerning the right of access, rectification or deletion of your personal information should be sent to the dedicated address :firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also send a request concerning the management of your personal information on the Site by post to the following address: Talisman By - 10 rue de la Paix 75002 Paris
In order to grant your request for access, modification or deletion, Talisman By reserves the right to ask for proof of identity to ensure the legitimacy of the request.
3. Use of personal data by Talisman By
3.1 Purpose of data collection
Through the Site, Talisman By collects and processes only the personal data necessary for the following purposes to manage your access to and use of certain services available on the Site, to provide you with goods and services related to orders (contracts, orders, deliveries, invoices, loyalty programmes, customer relationship management), to improve its services, to offer you a personalised experience on the Site, to offer you a recommendation of personalised jewellery, to send newsletters, to provide you with personalised advertising, to draw up commercial statistics and statistics on the use of our services, to manage opinions on products, services or content, to manage unpaid bills and any disputes relating to the use of our products and services, to personalise responses to your requests for information, to detect and prevent attempted fraud, and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
When personal information is collected, the information essential to the achievement of these purposes and indispensable to respond to your requests is indicated by means of an asterisk (mainly, title, surname, first name, postal address, e-mail and bank details). If you have not filled in the mandatory fields, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
In addition, Talisman By may, subject to the consent of the person concerned, re-use the publications on social networks featuring the products supplied by Talisman By. This re-use will be limited to advertising and communication purposes (e.g.: publication on Talisman By's social networks, publication on the Site).
3.2 Data retention
The data is kept for a period not exceeding that necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. We will keep your personal data for at least the legal period prescribed by law where this is specified. Where our legitimate interests require a different retention period, account will be taken of the sensitivity of the data, the potential risk and the security requirements of the data to establish the retention period.
In addition, Talisman By may need to retain data relating to closed accounts in order to comply with legal requirements, for example for fraud prevention or dispute resolution purposes.
When the retention of your data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is retained, Talisman By will delete your personal data.
3.3. Recipient of the data
All personal data collected on the Site is intended for Talisman By.
In the context of order tracking, data may be transferred to third party companies on behalf of Talisman By. In this context and in order to reduce the risk of loss or damage to the data, Talisman By undertakes to minimise the information disclosed to third parties to what is strictly necessary for the achievement of the objective pursued.
In any case, Talisman By will only pass on your data to a third party in the following limited cases:
- Talisman By is obliged to transmit your personal data to a third party in the context of the requests you have made (payment service provider in the context of a purchase, logistics service provider for the preparation of the order, marketing and advertising service provider for the optimisation of the purchase experience);
- Talisman By has received your express agreement to transmit this information to a third party;
- Talisman By is required by a judicial authority or by an administrative authority to transmit this information to them
In this context, Talisman By requires its service providers to maintain the security of your personal data and to comply with the relevant regulations. Talisman By's service providers are not permitted to use your personal data for any purpose other than those specified by Talisman By: they may only use it in accordance with its instructions.
The personal data collected in the context of the questionnaire for the preparation of the Custom Products (e.g. photos, personal information) will be used solely for the execution of the service and will not be shared with third parties.
3.4. Data security and confidentiality
Talisman By has taken all necessary precautions to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data processed and to prevent them from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties. All of the security measures put in place comply with the state of the art, particularly with regard to information systems.
Insofar as Talisman By does not control all the risks linked to the functioning of the Internet, it draws the attention of visitors to the existence of possible risks inherent in its use and functioning.
4. Send to a friend and third party data collected.
You have the possibility of entering the details of a third party in the context of your order (e.g. gift). In this case, the third party's data will only be used by Talisman By to process the order.
In this case, you warrant to Talisman By that the third party whose data you provide is aware that you have provided us with data about them.
5. Cookies and log-in cookies
5.1. What is a cookie?
A "cookie" or tracer refers to a text file that may be stored in a dedicated space on the hard disk of your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone) thanks to the browser software you use to consult our Site and subject to your choices recorded in your browser regarding cookies. This cookie file allows its issuer to identify the terminal in which it is stored for the duration of the validity or storage of the cookie.
When you visit the Site, information relating to the navigation of your terminal on our Site may be recorded in the "cookies" files installed on your terminal. These cookies enable Talisman By to offer you personalised shopping functions from your connection device.
When you visit the Site for the first time and Talisman By plans to place a cookie on your terminal, you are informed by means of an information banner appearing at the bottom of the page. By continuing to browse the Site after this banner has been displayed, you expressly consent to Talisman By placing cookies.
You can change your cookie settings at any time. Below you will find more information about cookies and how you can manage your cookie settings.
5.2. Cookies and identical technologies on the Site
Subject to your choices recorded on your browser, any browsing on the Site may result in the recording of cookies, web beacons, your IP address, IDFA, geolocation via IP address, connection and browsing information (referral URLs, advertising data, visit statistics, connection identifiers) in your terminal, enabling Talisman By to recognise your terminal's browser for the duration of the retention of this information. Talisman By collects information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take in connection with their commercial offer. Some anonymous cookies are deposited at the time of connection to the Site and used by Talisman By for statistical analysis.
The cookies and identical technologies that we record allow
- to establish statistics and volumes of traffic and use of the various elements that make up the Site (sections and content visited, routes taken), allowing Talisman By to improve the interest and ergonomics of its services
- to adapt the presentation of our Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to the Site, according to the hardware and software for displaying or reading that your terminal uses;
- insofar as you have provided us with personal data, in particular your electronic contact details, when registering, ordering or accessing one of our services, to associate this data with browsing information in order to send you, for example, electronic advertising or to display on your terminal, within the advertising spaces that we issue, personalised advertising that is specifically intended for you, and that is likely to be of interest to you personally;
- insofar as you have provided us with personal data, in particular your electronic contact details, when registering, ordering or accessing one of our services, to associate this data with browsing information in order to send you, for example, electronic advertising or to display on your terminal, within advertising spaces that we issue, personalised advertising specifically intended for you, likely to interest you personally;
- insofar as you have provided us with personal data (wishlist, purchasing preferences, participation in promotional events, etc.) concerning you, in particular your electronic contact details, when you register or access one of Talisman By's services, to associate this data with browsing information relating to your terminal in order to send you, for example, Talisman By's electronic prospecting and to offer you advertising based on your interests via our network of selected advertisers;
- to memorise information relating to a form that you have filled in on the Site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on the Site (service subscribed to, contents of an order basket, etc.));
- to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of the Site, such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to connect again to a content or service after a certain period of time;
- to fight against fraud on the Internet (prevention of payment fraud, identity theft...). In this respect, Talisman By or its service providers acting on its behalf may deposit, subject to your rights, tracers with a view to collecting information relating to the terminal used to place an order (in particular the operating system used, the location of the machine, the use or not of a proxy, etc.). These "fingerprint" type tracers associated with your order data are used to validate your order, your method of payment and your delivery method.
You may provide information to social networks in the course of maintaining a personal account. These social network sites may allow us to automatically access information you post, such as a product or content you liked or content you clicked on. Access to this information may allow us to tailor our offerings to you based on your preferences.
5.3. Cookies issued by third party applications to the Site
Talisman By may include on the Site computer applications from third parties that allow you to share the content of the Site with other people or to let other people know about elements of your consultation. This is notably the case of the "Share" or "Like" button on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
The social network providing the app button may identify you.
5.4. Third-party retargeting cookies
Talisman By works with carefully selected partners who may place cookies on your browser for advertising purposes. The purpose of this is to allow partner sites to display different products on your terminal according to the interests you have expressed through your browsing. These advertisements may offer you products that you have viewed on our Site or other similar products in other colours or styles.
5.5. Your choices regarding cookies
There are several possibilities for you to manage cookies. Any change in your settings may affect your browsing experience and the conditions of access to the Site. You can change these settings at any time by using the procedures described below.
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are stored in your terminal or, on the contrary, are rejected, according to your choice. You can also configure your browser software so that you are asked to accept cookies from time to time before a cookie is saved on your terminal.
a) The Cookie Agreement
Except in cases where cookies are absolutely necessary for our service or are totally anonymous, any recording of cookies on your terminal is subject to your consent, which you can express and modify at any time and free of charge by modifying the settings of your browser. If you have accepted the storage of cookies on your terminal, the cookies integrated on the pages and contents that you have consulted will be stored in a reserved area of your terminal and will only be readable and recognisable by the issuer.
b) Refusing cookies
If you refuse to accept cookies or if you delete the ones that are saved, you will no longer be able to benefit from a certain number of functions that are necessary for easy navigation on the Site. This would be the case if you wish to access areas or services where it is necessary to identify yourself. This would also be the case if Talisman By or its service providers are unable to recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by your terminal, its language and display settings or the country/region from which your terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. In this case, we decline all responsibility for any consequences linked to the degraded functioning of our services due to the settings you have chosen.
c) How do you exercise your choices depending on the browser you use?
With regard to the management of cookies, each browser software offers different configuration methods. They are described in the help menu of each browser:
For Internet Explorer 8.0 and above:
- Choose the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "Confidentiality" tab
- Select the desired level of confidentiality using the cursor.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the "Tools" menu, then "Options"
- Click on the "Privacy" icon
- Locate the "Cookies" menu and select the options that suit you.
- Choose the "Settings" menu
- Click on "Show advanced settings" and go to the "Privacy" section
- Click on "Content settings
- Tap the top right button
- Go to "Settings" then "Privacy and Security"
- Define your privacy settings
For Dolphin on Android:
- In the manu go to "More" then "Settings"
- Choose the "Privacy" menu then "Security"
- Set your privacy settings in the "Cookies" menu
For Safari on iOS:
- Go to the "Settings" application and choose "Safari"
- Go to "Accept Cookies" in the "Privacy" section
- Set the privacy settings
If you share the use of your terminal with several people or if your terminal has several browsers, we cannot be sure that the advertising services intended for your terminal correspond to your own use of this terminal and not that of another user of this terminal. Where applicable, the sharing with other people of the use of your terminal and the configuration of the parameters with regard to cookies is your free choice and your responsibility.
For more information on cookies and their use, you can consult the file of the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés at the following address: www.cnil.fr
6. Use of the data
Talisman By will not transfer or sell personal data to unaffiliated and non-partnered third parties unless Talisman By has previously informed you of this in communications, agreements or through information available on the Site, or unless you have expressly given your consent, or as required by law.
If Talisman By is obliged by law or by an administrative or judicial authority to communicate personal data concerning you, Talisman By undertakes, insofar as possible, to notify you (unless Talisman By reasonably considers that it is not authorised to do so, particularly in view of any legal or judicial obligations that may be incumbent on it).
Given the state of technology, in particular that generally applied to telecommunications networks, Talisman By cannot guarantee the confidentiality, integrity or authentication of emails you send to, or receive from, Talisman By.